Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy...TO THE MAX!

Midway upon the journey of our life I found myself within a forest dark, for the straightforward pathway had been lost.
-Dante Alighieri


As a young girl, the straightforward pathway seemed pretty uninteresting. To me, babies were the inhibitors of adventures. Marriage was a burden. And I could not understand why someone would prefer a big house to a boxcar.

And yet, it was to be my fate. It was the only life I knew, the only life I thought possible.

I went to college, I bought a car, I accumulated lots of stuff. I thought about buying a house. But all the while I was resisting, feeling unhappy in the world of material goods and superficial relationships.

For 29 years I struggled to live within the ties of conventional life. For 29 years I felt like I didn't belong. I thought I was following the straightforward path until without trying, without realizing it was happening, I wandered someplace completely different. My path is no longer straightforward and for the first time, I feel no fear.

cabin8

I started this blog for a few reasons, most of which revolve around my goal to live a more minimalist life. I want to be healthy and pursue things that are important to me. I want to explore nature and find balance. I want to exist as I was always meant to exist, to embrace my true nature in a world that tries to force me back in line. Mostly I just want to live in a way that makes me happy.

Happy TO THE MAX! even...but with less destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment